Thursday, May 21, 2026

Iran War Live: Trump Not Ready for Deal While US and Israel Bomb Isfahan

2 months ago
10 mins read

US Orders Non-Emergency Government Staff to Leave Oman

The United States Department of State has ordered all non-emergency government employees and the family members of US personnel to leave Oman due to what officials described as “safety risks.”

The directive applies to staff stationed at US diplomatic facilities and other government offices in the country.

Authorities did not immediately provide further details about the specific threats prompting the decision. However, the move comes as regional tensions continue to rise across the Middle East.

The State Department said the order is part of precautionary measures aimed at ensuring the safety of US personnel while the security situation in the region remains volatile.

Israeli Firefighters Respond to Second Blaze After Missile Attack

Israeli emergency crews are responding to another fire following the latest missile attacks from Iran.

According to videos circulating online, firefighters were deployed to the city of Holon, located south of Tel Aviv, where a blaze reportedly broke out after missile debris fell in the area.

The emergency response organisation Magen David Adom said in a statement posted on X that its teams were attending multiple incident scenes.

Officials confirmed that no injuries had been reported at the time of the response.

Earlier, Israeli Army Radio reported that debris from interceptor missiles had sparked another fire in the central Israeli city of Ramla following the same missile barrage.

US Identifies Six Soldiers Killed in Iraq Plane Crash

The United States Department of Defense has released the names of six service members who died in a refuelling aircraft crash in Iraq on Thursday.

The victims have been identified as:

  • Major John A. Klinner, 33
  • Captain Ariana G. Savino, 31
  • Technical Sergeant Ashley B. Pruitt, 34
  • Captain Seth R. Koval, 38
  • Captain Curtis J. Angst, 30
  • Technical Sergeant Tyler H. Simmons, 28

Pentagon officials said the cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Rising Casualties in the Iran Conflict

The incident raises the number of US military deaths in the conflict with Iran to at least 13.

According to the Pentagon, seven other American troops have been killed in combat operations related to the war.

Meanwhile, approximately 140 US service members have been wounded, including eight who suffered severe injuries.

Military officials said further updates will be provided as the investigation into the crash continues.

Fire Breaks Out in Central Israel After Iranian Missile Attacks

Israeli authorities say a fire erupted in central Israel following the latest missile barrage launched from Iran.

According to Israeli Army Radio, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) successfully intercepted most of the incoming missiles, while several projectiles landed in open areas.

Debris from interceptor missiles reportedly fell in the central city of Ramla, sparking a fire that emergency crews were dispatched to contain.

Despite the incident, officials said no casualties were reported. Emergency responders also handled additional fires in nearby areas following the barrage.

The attack is part of the escalating Iran-Israel conflict, with missile and drone strikes continuing across several countries in the Middle East in recent days.

Authorities said air defence systems remain on high alert as the situation develops.

Missile Interceptions Reported in Northern Jordan

Explosions have been heard in the northern Jordanian city of Irbid, according to reports from Al Jazeera Arabic.

The blasts are believed to be linked to missile interception operations, as air defence systems responded to incoming threats over the area.

Authorities have not yet released further details about the incident. Updates are expected as more information becomes available.

Iran Claims US and Israel Using Replica Drones to Frame Tehran

Iran’s military command has accused the United States and Israel of using replica drones modeled after Iran’s Shahed drones to carry out attacks in the region and falsely attribute them to Tehran.

According to a statement from Khatam al-Anbiya Air Defense Headquarters, the alleged drone used in such operations is a copycat system referred to as the Lucas drone, which resembles Iran’s Shahed drone.

The statement, broadcast by Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), claimed that these drones were used in recent attacks on facilities in neighbouring countries including Turkiye, Kuwait, and Iraq.

Tehran Says Strategy Aims to Create Regional Discord

Iranian military officials argued that the alleged tactic is designed to damage Iran’s reputation and create tensions with neighbouring states.

The command said the strategy aims to undermine what it described as Iran’s “defensive, legal, and legitimate actions” while also creating division between Tehran and regional partners.

Iran Says It Targets Only US and Israeli Interests

In its statement, the command reiterated that Iranian forces only conduct operations against US and Israeli targets.

Officials added that whenever Iran carries out an attack, it would publicly acknowledge responsibility through official announcements.

The accusations come amid rising tensions across the Middle East, where drone warfare has become a central element of regional conflicts involving Iran, Israel, and the United States.

Saudi Arabia Intercepts Three Drones in Eastern Region

The Saudi Ministry of Defence has announced that three drones were intercepted and destroyed in the eastern region of Saudi Arabia.

According to the ministry, the unmanned aerial vehicles were detected by Saudi air defence systems before being neutralized. Authorities said the drones were destroyed before reaching their intended targets.

The ministry did not immediately provide further details about the origin of the drones or potential damage. However, security forces remain on alert as regional tensions continue to escalate across the Middle East.

France Denies Reports of Warship Deployment to Middle East

France has rejected claims that it is preparing to send additional naval forces to the Middle East amid rising regional tensions.

The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs dismissed reports suggesting that the French Navy was planning to deploy 10 warships to the region.

In a statement posted on X, the ministry clarified that France’s current military posture remains unchanged.

“No. The aircraft carrier strike group remains in the Eastern Mediterranean. France’s posture is unchanged: defensive, protective.”

Officials emphasized that French forces already stationed in the Eastern Mediterranean are maintaining their existing defensive role.

The speculation about additional deployments surfaced shortly after Donald Trump urged US allies to assist in safeguarding shipping routes through the Strait of Hormuz, a critical corridor for global oil supplies.

France’s statement appears aimed at calming concerns that Western military involvement in the region could be expanding further.

Iraq National Team to Travel to Mexico for World Cup Playoff Despite Regional Conflict

The Iraq national football team will travel to Mexico for an upcoming **FIFA World Cup playoff match, despite the challenges posed by the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

According to Adnan Dirjal, president of the Iraq Football Association, the team plans to depart later this week using a private aircraft due to disruptions affecting commercial air travel across the region.

Dirjal said the Iraqi FA had reached out to FIFA to assist with logistical arrangements for the trip, as the regional conflict has complicated normal travel routes.

The playoff match is scheduled to take place on March 31 in Monterrey, one of Mexico’s major football venues.

Despite the security and travel challenges, Iraqi officials confirmed that the national team remains committed to competing in the crucial World Cup qualification match.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Speaks on Strait of Hormuz and Kharg Island Attack

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has addressed the escalating tensions in the Gulf, insisting that the Strait of Hormuz remains open despite claims suggesting otherwise.

In an interview with a US media outlet, Araghchi said Iran has not blocked the critical shipping route, rejecting allegations from the United States that Tehran is restricting international maritime traffic.

According to the minister, the strait is only closed to vessels linked to the United States and Israel, while normal international shipping continues to pass through the strategic waterway.

Claims Over Kharg Island Missile Strikes

Araghchi also addressed the recent attack on Kharg Island, a key Iranian oil export terminal in the Gulf.

He claimed that some of the missiles used in the strikes were launched from locations in the United Arab Emirates, adding that the launch sites were situated near civilian areas.

The foreign minister warned that this situation could be dangerous because Iran has vowed to retaliate against locations used to launch attacks against its territory.

Message to Gulf States

Araghchi urged Gulf countries to avoid allowing foreign forces to use their territory to carry out attacks on Iran, especially from locations close to civilian populations.

He emphasized that Iran does not consider itself in conflict with neighbouring Gulf states or the broader international community.

Instead, he argued that the current narrative being promoted by Washington portrays the situation as Iran versus the world, a characterization Tehran strongly rejects.

Tensions in the region remain high as the conflict continues to involve strategic energy routes, military strikes, and diplomatic pressure across the Gulf.

Air Raid Sirens Sound Across Central and Northern Israel

Air raid sirens have been activated across several parts of Israel after the military detected a new wave of missiles launched from Iran.

According to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), the country’s air defence systems are currently operating to intercept the incoming threats.

The Home Front Command reported that warning sirens were triggered in central Israel and in the Avivim area of the Upper Galilee in northern Israel.

Residents in affected areas were instructed to take shelter immediately while interception operations continue.

Previous missile barrages from Iran have triggered similar sirens across central and northern Israel, with air defence systems intercepting most projectiles before impact.

Authorities say the situation is still developing, and further updates are expected as the military continues to assess the threat.

Israeli Attacks Kill 14 in Southern Lebanon

At least 14 people have been killed following two separate waves of Israeli attacks in southern Lebanon, according to the Lebanese Ministry of Health.

The ministry reported that seven people were killed and eight others wounded in two Israeli air raids targeting the southern towns of Sidon and Al‑Qatrani.

In a separate attack, another seven people were killed when Israeli strikes hit the Nuns neighbourhood in the southern city of Nabatieh. Authorities said the victims included four children.

Earlier figures from the health ministry indicate that the death toll from Israeli attacks since February 28 has reached 826, while more than 831,000 people have been displaced as the conflict continues to escalate across southern Lebanon.

Emergency services are still assessing the damage and responding to casualties in the affected areas.

Israel’s New Defence Spending Signals Growing Pressure of Two-Front War

Israel’s latest emergency defence spending decision highlights the mounting financial pressure created by fighting conflicts on multiple fronts.

The Israeli government has approved $710 million in emergency classified defence funding, according to reports. Officials say the funds will support the replenishment of critical combat supplies and the acquisition of advanced military equipment.

However, authorities have not disclosed specific details about what will be purchased.

Funding Through Budget Cuts and Debt Adjustments

To finance the emergency spending, the government is reportedly reducing certain public services and adjusting debt payments.

The proposal itself contains limited information, stating only that the funds will be used for:

  • Replenishing critical combat infantry supplies
  • Acquiring advanced combat capabilities

Military analysts suggest the funding could be used to restock air defence interceptors, which Israel has reportedly been using at a rapid pace amid ongoing hostilities.

Emergency Approval Process Raises Questions

The approval process also reflects the urgency of the situation.

Instead of going through the standard cabinet meeting procedure, ministers reportedly approved the spending through a phone vote, bypassing the usual deliberation process.

The decision will still require ratification by the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, within two weeks. Lawmakers are expected to question the government about the details of the classified spending.

Strain of Fighting on Two Fronts

The emergency funding underscores the broader challenge Israel faces while dealing with simultaneous military engagements.

On one side, the country continues its costly war in Gaza, which has required extensive military resources. At the same time, rising tensions with Iran and its regional allies have opened the possibility of a second major front.

Defence experts say maintaining prolonged operations across multiple theatres places significant economic and logistical pressure on Israel’s military and government finances.

While Israeli officials publicly project confidence about their military capabilities, the new funding package suggests that sustaining multiple conflicts is beginning to stretch national resources.

Israel Intercepts Missiles Launched From Iran

Israeli air defence systems have intercepted missiles fired from Iran targeting the southern Israeli city of Eilat, according to reports from Channel 12.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said the incoming missiles were successfully intercepted before causing major damage. Israeli air defence systems, including advanced interception platforms, have been widely used throughout the ongoing conflict to neutralize aerial threats.

Following the interception, Israel Home Front Command announced that the attack had ended and informed residents who had been instructed to seek shelter that they could now safely leave protected areas.

The incident comes amid continued escalation between Iran and Israel, with both sides exchanging missile and drone strikes across the region. Recent attacks have also targeted cities such as Eilat and other locations across Israel, causing injuries and damage in some areas.

Dubai Reports Successful Air Defence Interceptions

Authorities in Dubai have confirmed that loud sounds heard in the Dubai Marina and Al Sufouh areas were caused by successful air defence interceptions, according to the Dubai Media Office.

The UAE Ministry of Defence later confirmed that its air defence systems intercepted 33 drones and nine ballistic missiles on Saturday.

Officials said the interceptions prevented potential damage and casualties, demonstrating the country’s ability to respond quickly to aerial threats. Further details about the origin of the drones and missiles were not immediately disclosed.

Recent Developments at a Glance

The United States and Israel have continued their military strikes on Iran, with missiles hitting several locations in the central province of Isfahan. Reports indicate that at least 15 people have been killed in the attacks.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard has urged residents across Gulf countries to evacuate areas near major oil ports. Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned that Tehran could target US companies operating in the Middle East if Iran’s energy infrastructure comes under attack.

Iran and Lebanon have also maintained strikes against Israel. Damage has been reported in central Israeli regions, while rocket debris injured seven people in the southern city of Eilat.

US President Donald Trump stated that nations dependent on Gulf oil supplies must assist in keeping the Strait of Hormuz open to ensure global energy flows remain uninterrupted.

In Iraq, the US Embassy in Baghdad has instructed all American citizens to leave the country immediately following several attacks on the diplomatic mission.

Meanwhile, the death toll from Israeli military operations in Lebanon has climbed to 826, with approximately 831,000 people now displaced due to the escalating conflict.

Welcome to our coverage

Hello, and welcome to our live coverage of the United States and Israel’s war on Iran.

Stay with us for the latest news and analysis from across the Middle East and beyond.

Categories

Arabian Wall Street Magazine

Banner

Latest Posts

Previous Story

Riyadh Drone Attacks Intercepted as Tensions Mount

Read Magazine